12. svi 2015.

Series Review - Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews (part 2)

Author's 
Website / Facebook / Twitter

Summary:
"The world has suffered a magic apocalypse. We pushed the technological progress too far, and now magic returned with a vengeance. It comes in waves, without warning, and vanishes as suddenly as it appears. When magic is up, planes drop out of the sky, cars stall, electricity dies. When magic is down, guns work and spells fail.

It’s a volatile, screwed-up world. Magic feeds on technology, gnawing down on skyscrapers until most of them topple and fall, leaving only skeletal husks behind. Monsters prowl the ruined streets, werebears and werehyenas stalk their prey; and the Masters of the Dead, necromancers driven by their thirst for knowledge and wealth, pilot blood-crazed vampires with their minds.

In this world lives Kate Daniels. Kate likes her sword a little too much and has a hard time controlling her mouth. The magic in her blood makes her a target, and she spent most of her life hiding in plain sight. But sometimes even trained killers make friends and fall in love, and when the universe tries to kick them in the face, they kick back."
          I know, yes, Glass did this just a couple of weeks ago and what the hell am I doing now!? True, but really it's been my plan to write this for a very long time, but life does screw your plans, honest. Anyhow Glass might tell you that I'm kinda of territorial when it comes to this series, but that's total nonsense. I mean, me territorial? Nah..
         Even though my girl did amazing job with presenting you five things that this series is awesome for. I do agree with every single one, but I really want to focus on one more thing here. It's just my professional deformation if you would.

        Alas, let's focus on writing here. Cause, my friends this will blow your mind. It actually makes the linguist in me squeak, dance, jump and do flip jumps all over the place. (Even though I don't know how to do the flip jumps, but let's not be too literal here). In here you'll find idioms that you never imagined would be combined together in a book. I hope that once someone will make a study or research paper on that as it'd be hella of interesting to see. It's also nicely packed in amazing story, so it'll never be overwhelming for you, and you won't feel like reading a dictionary.

       Besides that here it's not just writing words on paper, and spaces between them, it's actually emotions which are everywhere. You'll find each word colored with emotion and you'll feel it. Now matter what, Kate will be your awesome guide through this book. Her words will captivate you.

      Enjoy while you're there, you'll suffer from massive slump once you have to wait for the next one. Trust me on that one!

Rating: what comes after infinity? Well that's my rating.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 8:

  1. You are adorable, Tanja <3

    And you should write your research paper on the series ;) That would definitely be really fun to read and write too because you'd be writing it on something you are passionate about :P

    I am glad you're having so much fun with the series, Tanja! :)

    Lovely review!

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I adore this series as well! So glad you love it so much, it really does deserve all the hype and then some.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. You girls make we want to read this series so bad!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Oh good, I'm so glad to see you're finally joining the party! And I didn't doubt for a second that you'd love Kate and Curran (and everyone else) just as much as the rest of us.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I am getting ready to start the audio of book six, and soon I will be waiting and waiting like everyone else. Drat.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I have been wanting to start this series and need to make time for it, glad to hear you have enjoyed

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Ilona Andrews is no doubt one of my favorite PNR UF authors, ever. Her books just have that addictive writing, you know what I mean? I read her other books and loved each and every one of them! Aside from her Kate Daniels, I read her other books too and Clean Sweep is just as good! have you tried that yet??

    Faye at The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Hahaha! That gif is so sexy! And wow, you seem to have really loved this series and that's great. Some mind-blowing writing always does it, eh? Brilliant review, Tanja. I agree with Rashika- you are adorable. But again, you already know that. :P

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...