8. ožu 2014.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Buy the book at 
Author's 

Book summary:
The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 
But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love. 
Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.
Tanja: You know that moment when you are reading the last installment in series and you have like 100 pages or so left and then you start to remember how your journey with the book started. I remembered everything - fractions and their ideas, the choosing ceremony, The Ferris Wheel, etc. Gosh, so many memories.
Glass: And you do not want to read that last 100 pages because it will mean it is finally the end and it is bittersweet feeling - you love everything, but still try to make it last just a little bit longer. Especially when it comes to epic stories like this. Do you know what I remember? How I refused to read it because I thought it would be nothing special. How foolish of me! Allegiant was perfect, the best book in the series for me, but I do understand now why so many readers were disappointed.
Tanja: Exactly. You want to keep it just for a bit longer, because you know that no matter how many times you re-read it the magic of reading these words for the first time end when you read the rest of it. Yes! Me too. I though that I'd end up disappointed as many have, but I made the mistake with Mockingjay and it though me a great lesson when it comes to my feelings. But gladly we were both blown away by this one.
Glass: What I liked the most is how serious this book turned out to be - it is about politic, moral, science, education. I even quoted Slavoj Žižek in one of my status updates: "The function of ideology is not to offer us a point of escape from our reality but to offer us the social reality itself as an escape." Allegiant is a book about ideology and fantasies of control. How far humans are willing to go and what to do in the name of something that is bigger than us. It is not just a story about group of kids fighting for their place in futuristic version of high school drama.
Tanja: Right and what society is willing to sacrifice - it's own people as rat mice in order to create idea about their perfect care for its people, which is contradictory when you look at it, but at the same time in some lesser or greater degree we all are living in such societies. That's why I love this idea and the whole story so much. On the surface it tells you about teenagers and their coming of age but when you scratch under that surface you see that it's actually a book about society and mainly about human nature. It remains me of all great classics I've been discussing about at my classes.
Glass: But lets talk about that ending. I know you want to. I still can't believe that Veronica Roth decided to finish trilogy with that "bang". It was a risky move, as you can see by all the reactions, but I think it was perfect. Especially because of the way Trish was portrait from the very beginning.
Tanja: Honestly I didn't expect it at all. Not in my wildest dreams. Of course I had some ideas about how it all could end, but that was one I wasn't even aware of it, until it happened. It was a really brave move on her side, but after you go back and remember certain things it makes perfect sense. What do you say about Four and his portrayal at the end?
Glass: I loved it - she didn't try to romanticize him or give us two years later epilogue were everything is rainbows, butterflies and unicorns. World is not perfect, so their lives aren't perfect too. He is different person than the one you placed in your fictional harem, isn't he? But we love him even more. I just have to say that I can't wait to see what will Veronica Roth write next.
Tanja: He is, both Trish and Four were different people in this book, or after they discovered the background of the fractions. I cannot wait to see what she plans next and wherever she does I hope she will tackle something related to human psychology as she does it perfectly. I guess we should wait and see. At the end what are your thoughts about upcoming movie? I truly believe it would be as good as books at least.
Glass: I really hope it will be good - I am so sick of movies that make my favorite book look bad. We are so going to watch it together. Plan your holidays around that date, you are coming to visit me.
Tanja: I guess you prepared your whip so I don't have much choice, do I? Kidding girl, we'll make it happen.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 25:

  1. The end of series/trilogies is always so hard! You want the best for everyone but you still want the book to end true to the rest of the books.

    I have yet to start this trilogy but even with some of the less than stellar ratings for this one, I do plan on starting it. It is nice to see someone giving it a 5 star rating.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Please, read it - if you liked Hunger Games, you will enjoy reading this one too.

      Izbriši
  2. I've still not read this but I have it. I've been spoiled by someone but I still want to read it :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I can't wait to see what you think of it :D Thanks Janina :)

      Izbriši
  3. I am really glad the last book worked out for you ladies. I decided not to pick the last book up after spoiling the ending and let's just say my reaction was NOT positive. It's not that I was expecting an HEA but perhaps something more fitting. I also learned a few other things about the book that made it seem like I wouldn't enjoy it so I decided to skip it and preserve the 'happiness' of the first two books.

    Great Discussion, Ladies!! :)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I know it's not the most popular solution but it's honestly the most realistic one. Hope you'll change your mind. Thanks Rashika :)

      Izbriši
  4. I have seen some mixed review for this book and I still have yet to read this one. After reading the first two and loving it, plus the movie is coming out this year I really want to finish the whole series. I have only glanced at your review for spoiler alerts, BUT I am glad that you rated 5 stars so I'm let you know how I find it. Brilliant joint review ladies. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I truly hope you'll enjoy it once you read it. Thanks Emma :)

      Izbriši
  5. This book wasn't my fav but it did have a lot of good aspects. Glad that it worked out well for you ladies!

    Awesome discussion! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I'm yet to read Allegiant, but I'm skeptical about it because of mixed reviews. I'm glad you both enjoyed it, (:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Ah, it's nice to see that you ladies enjoyed this! I liked the first book (although I had middling feelings about the second), and the big thing I hear happens actually interests me in picking this up sometime soon. I hope they do a good job with the film, too. FINGERS CROSSED.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I love that you guys enjoyed this book! I thought it was perfect too and while I cant say the ending made me happy, it was fitting looking back on the characters. Great discussion!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Yes!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for. A five star review of the ever dreadful book, Allegiant. I'm so glad you girls loved it, and it has made me change my mind and continue with this series soon. Great review!

    http://thereaddicts.blogspot.in/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll finish this series soon. Thanks girl :)

      Izbriši
  10. Well I guess you're right. I loved Insurgent. I'm sure we'll all enjoy the movie. Thanks Aman :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Wonderful review, Tanja & Glass! It's so great when you love how a series ends! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. So happy you two loved the finale, it definitely took some major risks! I am dying to see if the movie does the book justice. I certainly have high hopes, but I'm usually ridiculously optimistic about this stuff (until proven wrong :D). At least it looks from early ticket sales like it will do pretty well at the box office, so even if it's not perfect, the second movie will probably be made and they will have a chance to improve. Lovely review ladies! :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I too have high hopes for the movie and I need to lower them down! :) I hope it'll come here. Thanks Lauren :)

      Izbriši
  13. I haven`t readi it yet, but I really want too. It looks amazing!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I won't read this after I found the 2nd book dissapointed :(

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...