4. lis 2013.

Bully by Penelope Douglas

Buy the book at Amazon
Author's 

Book summary
My name is Tate. He doesn't call me that, though. He would never refer to me so informally, if he referred to me at all.
We're neighbors, and once, we were best friends. But then, one summer, he turned on me and has made it his mission to screw up my life at every opportunity. I've been humiliated, shut out, and gossiped about all through high school. His pranks and rumors got more sadistic as time wore on, and I made myself sick trying to hide from him. I worried about what was around every corner and behind every door. 
So I left.
I spent a year studying abroad and bathed in the freedom of life without Jared. Now I'm back to finish up high school and get the hell out of here forever. I'm hoping that after a year of breathing room, he's moved on and forgotten all about me. 
But even if he hasn't changed, I have. I'm not interested in avoiding him or turning the other cheek anymore. We're going to go head to head, because neither of us wants to back down.
          For a person who goes around blabbing how she doesn't read NA book seeing her review for one is pretty much unexpected I would say. But yeah I tend to have conflicts with my own words and judgments. Luckily I also have Zemira that knows just the right NA book to recommend to me. For that (and many other things) I'll be always grateful.

          Here we meet Tate a girl that just came back home with hopes that some things changed and with hopes that she'll have her best friend back. Only he is still the same old himself who tries to make her life miserable. But little does he know that Tate is now different person, she is sick and tired of her tears and trying to fix something that she doesn't even know why is broken. Jared will see a new Tate the one that fights back and the one that demands things, not hoping to get them. As you can assume he is surprised but he believes that no matter what he can break her. Well boy, you have found a decent rival this time.

           Now you assume that this is yet another story about boy with issues and girl that is growing and learns how to fight which will lead them to their happily ever after, don't you? I don't blame you as I did too, only this story is more than that. It's a story with amazing characters that will go under your skin and it's also a story with drama, one might say too much of it but the difference is that it's dosed with such carefulness that you'd even want more.

           Bully is a story about growing up and not letting only bad things in life define you as there are the beautiful ones that must not be forgotten.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 30:

  1. I am so glad you are open to trying genres you really don't like and that you found a great book in the process. I need to see if I have this one now because it sounds like my kind of read!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. This sounds great, I need to check out

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. This one seems convincing! I love the sound of the MC who isn't going to just back down.

    Fabulous review, Tanja! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I'm really happy that this one is fighting :) Thanks Mel :)

      Izbriši
  4. I loved this book - Zemira really knows how to pick them.:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Hmmm... this one does sound interesting! I have to admit that I'm intrigued and curious!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Heh, I have to admit that I am pretty worried that Tate and Jared will go through all this childhood misery, only to get back together and have that HEA. And while it's great that there's much more to the story than that, a part of me is still anxious that what I'll get is the usual girl fights boy, boy realizes that girl's hot, girl forgives him, despite hating him all her life, they get married and have babies.

    NO.

    But whoa, I have respect for Tate for being able to stand up to Jared like that - I doubt I'd be able to! I'd probably break down into tears every time. Yeah. :( So glad you enjoyed this, Tanja. I don't think I'll be reading it (I don't like the idea of the bully as the love interest), but lovely review all the same!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it does sound so typical. but somehow I ended up loving it. I have no idea how :)) Thanks Meg :)

      Izbriši
  7. Thank you Aman! :) I hope you'll give this one a try. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Tanja, I'm always going on about how NA books never seem to work for me, but for some reason or another, I've been reading more and more of them lately. I haven't come across this one before, but you already make me want to check it out! I'm glad it was a good read for you. Lovely review. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I avoid them mostly only when someone tell me that it's a must read I'll :) I hope you'll give it a try. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  9. I also don't read a lot of NA, but I'm always on the lookout for a great one. Glad you enjoyed this!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I am getting as good at reading you as you already are at reading me, Tanja. The moment I read the title of the book and saw the cover, I knew this would be a 5 star review and then I scroll down and... 5 star it is! Woohoo! Sometimes our friends know what we'll like better than we know ourselves, so kudos to Zemira for the rec. This does sound like a really good book and if this is an NA you've loved, I'm sure I'll love it too. Love the last line of the review- you sound like this really intelligent author! *bows down* Awesome review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL you're right about it :)) You'll love it, you like this kind of stories :) I should write a book :D Thanks girl :)

      Izbriši
  11. Ha, I have learned to never say never, as I find that one book that changes my perception of a genre. This sounds delightful and I am so glad you enjoyed it. Good book friends are the best as recommendations.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it's really like that. You never know what will you start reading :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  12. Great review dear!
    I nominated you for the Shine On Award :)
    http://unaeve.blogspot.com/2013/10/nomination-for-shine-on-award.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I have Bully, but haven't read it yet. The story seems very intense and I'm glad to see you found it to be well-done.
    Great review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Excellent final review, Tanja! I really want to read this now. I'm glad that Tate had the courage to stand up for herself. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm glad for her too :) I hope you'll give it a try. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  15. A bully book! I haven't read one in ages. It's kind of weird that the boy would be bullying a girl. Something must have happened. I'm intrigued... especially since Tate is standing up for herself. I absolutely love that! Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be adding this to my tbr list.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it's been a while for me too. It's really good thing for her and for the book too. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  16. Wow, you're right, when I read the synopsis, I was thinking it would be the typical NA model of a guy with issues and a girl coming into her own and falling for each other/healing each other, but I'm glad to hear this is a breath of fresh air. Even if the plot does end up going that way (btw, thank you for keeping your reviews spoiler free, I love that I don't have to worry about that on your blog), at least it will be done in an original way. Wonderful review, I'm excited to read this one now!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...