28. ruj 2013.

The Thing About Wolves by Leigh Evans

Buy the book at 
Author's

Book summary:
Being put in charge of a werewolf pack might be someone’s dream, but it’s Hedi’s nightmare. Hints that it’s not working out include the Creemore wolves wanting her blood. And the Council of Weres wanting her dead…
Then all Hedi's wishes are granted. Robson Trowbridge, pack leader, returns – and her love isn't alone. He's found her missing twin brother, Lexi, among the fae. With this double helping of wonderful, things should’ve been all sunshine and flowers, but the fae lands have changed both men. Hedi’s brother is dying of an addiction, and her relationship with Robson may not survive the forces pushing them apart. To combat the darkness ahead, Hedi must face her dangerous were/fae heritage – and accept the consequences.
        The Trouble with Fate was one of the first Urban Fantasy books I dared to read and it brought me not only the experience of a new genre but also the experience of a pretty unique style for me. Leigh Evans continued to surprise me in this sequel.

         After all the trouble in The Trouble with Fate Hedi was left in a really bad position. To save the one she loved she had to throw them in a world he didn't belong to and now she had to find a way to get him back. Only that brought some changes into Towbridg's pack and she had to take control over them. That wouldn't be a big deal if she wasn't an enemy the one they despise the most. Even when she though the things can get any worse Towbridge is back but not alone. He brought someone from her past, the one she lost long ago and the one that changed a lot, still he was her brother. It wouldn't be much of a problem if there wasn't another person who Towbridge brought with them. It made her question her choices.

         Besides having a really interesting concept this story has a really interesting narration. While you're reading it you feel like you're inside Hedi's head. You can read her thoughts and big parts of this book are inner monologues. That might sound unappealing but once you meet Hedi you change your mind. Only thing is it takes some time to get used to it but once you do be prepared to laugh, because Hedi is a really witty girl.

         While I did struggle at the start because it takes few chapters to remember all the details and get used to Hedi's mind it didn't stop me from enjoying this story. While The Trouble with Fate brought a really interesting plot in The Thing about Wolves be prepared to experience some new twists and as always you'll want more.

Rating: 4 stars.

Until the next time,

***NOTE: A copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher - PanMacmillan. Thank you. 
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions are personal. 

Broj komentara: 27:

  1. I have seen this series around and I am so very curious about it! I am so glad you are enjoying it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Oh I just read the first one in July. I'm glad this one was good too!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read this one too then. Thanks Candace :)

      Izbriši
  3. I love both UF and wolves, so I'm wondering why this hasn't come on my radar before! I'll have to check it out for sure. Wonderful review, Tanja!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Now it's on your radar ;) I hope you'll give it a try. Thanks Keertana :)

      Izbriši
  4. Wolves aren't really my thing- I've only read a handful of series with them but they just don't work, sadly. However, if I ever do want to try again, I'll be seeking this one out as your review has me convinced!

    Thanks for sharing, hon! <33

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. That's interesting, I lately enjoy them more than vampires. Glad to hear that. Thanks Mel ;)

      Izbriši
  5. I'm like that with some books where I forget some things but I'm glad it didn't take away from the story. I've not heard too much about these books though. Great review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I was lost for a couple of pages but then my memory was back :) Thanks Janina :)

      Izbriši
  6. This sounds interesting and it's about wolves- doesn't get better than that, although the cover is a tiny bit disappointing. I'm loving the sound of actaulyl feeling like you're in the character's head. That's some powerful writing. Superb review, Tanja!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm not big on black color either but hopefully the next cover will be more colorful :) Thanks girl ;)

      Izbriši
  7. More books I have to read! I don't like that cover much though. I probably never would have picked it up in a store.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah cover could have been better, but what's inside matters. :)

      Izbriši
  8. This UF is new to me, but I am curious about Heidi and the author's first person in your head narrative. Wonderful review:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm glad you're interested. I hope you'll get to read this. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  9. I haven't heard of these books and really haven't read any urban fantasy but this one does definitely get my attention. I seem to have a soft spot for werewolf books :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Then you'll probably enjoy this one :) Thanks Alise :)

      Izbriši
  10. Oh, Tanja! You've reminded me that I want to pick the first book up! Nice to see the sequel is really good, too! Great review! :) *runs off to Amazon*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. This does seem like a good series. I don't read a lot of Urban Fantasy, but think I might like this one.
    Thanks for the review, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I didn't read UF but well now I started to enjoy it. Thanks Andrea :)

      Izbriši
  12. When I talked to the author, she hinted that Towbridge would do something awful, but I'm not sure if it's in this book or the next. Either way, I'm worried. I get attached to couples and I don't know that I can handle it.

    Still, I can't WAIT to read this. Thanks so much for sending it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I hope you'll get to read it then. Yes I should read more UF :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. This sounds like a very cool series, I need to read the first book! Glad to hear you enjoyed the sequel so I have something to look forward to. :-) Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...