26. stu 2012.

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian


Buy the book

Author's

Book summary: 


BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY...
THEY GET EVEN.



Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister.

Kat is tired of the rumours, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person– her ex-best friend– and she's ready to make her pay.

Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him.
Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they each had a taste.


      Honestly it's even hard to tell you how much I wanted to read this book. Ever since Summer trilogy Jenny has a special place in my heart. I expected nothing less from this book, but I'm not that lucky.

      I have no idea where to start. Maybe I should tell you about the book. Well first of all here we have three narrators. Three girls who share the past and the place where they grow up but some things changed so they changed as well. Lillia, Kat and Mary. They all have different story to tell but at the end they're all bond together. It's not strange because they're living on the island where everybody knows everybody. At the end they unite their forces for revenge. Now this is the part I have problem with. I'm not fan of revenge. Yes they should have done something I agree but this was - childish? I just couldn't understand it. I hope that's just me cause I want people to like this book. It's really readable.

      While reading I somehow got used to that but at the end another problem appeared - the ending. Huh I'm still angry about that for the record. I don't mind when the book has a cliffhanger especially when like this one has sequel coming next year. Only problem here everything ended but it still didn't. I have no idea how to put it, it's just strange. Basically things just didn't work out.
      Actual rating is 2.5 stars!

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 10:

  1. I've been looking forward to reading Burn For Burn. It sounds interesting, but I like the point you made. Revenge does seem a little too childish! And the cliffhanger ending... I love those! But I think I can keep this book on hold until the sequel comes out. ;)
    Nice review, Tanja! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I'm not fan of revenge so for me that's childish..especially here cause they've goon too far. Yeah you better wait for the sequel to come out :)
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I'm now a new follower. I hope you can visit my blog someday too.
    LadyBug
    http://english-written-portairt.blogspot.pt/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Ugh. It sucks when that happens ):
    I actually love Revenge the show so I would't mind it one bit in a book but if it's childish... that's different and a girl left her home because of a guy? That's sad. I still want to read it. It must have good aspects of it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Yeah. Maybe that's just me, but I couldn't get into the story cause a lot of things I'd never do and they did. I hope you'll like it more than me :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I have been looking forward to reading this. It looked very promising, although I have not read anything by the two authors. But this book has been getting a lot of hype from book bloggers worldwide. I think that I am going to try this. Some bloggers said there was a supernatural element. I cannot wait to read this.
    GREAT review, Tanja!
    Your constant reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Sorry that you didn't like it as much as you wanted to. I have been anticipating this one, and sad it may not live up.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I really, but really hope that you all will enjoy it! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. The ending was bizarre right? I had to wonder if my copy had been missing pages as it left off in such an odd place! I enjoyed this overall, but it's not a favourite of mine. Lovely review, Tanja!

    By the way, I am nearly done with Flawed... and oh, it's soo good! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Yeah! Same thing. I was reading an ebook and I was like wth where is rest of the story. xD I guess it's me then!

    Yeah! Go girl! :D I can't wait for you to finish it :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...