6. lis 2012.

ReVamped by Ada Adams



Buy the book 

Author's 

Book summary:


A simple mission turned deadly.
Nineteen-year-old vampire Dawn has led a sheltered life within the confines of her father’s presidential headquarters. Upon being sent on a mission to revamp four goofy misfits into guardians of a peaceful little town of Angel Creek, Dawn believes that all her dreams have finally come true. What starts off as a simple task, turns into something unexpected, changing Dawn’s life forever and leading the action-loving, thrill-seeking vampire teen on a path of mystery, danger and intrigue.
When a human girl is kidnapped by a group of rogue vamps, Dawn discovers that there is more going on in Angel Creek than meets the eye. And it all connects to Ethan, the cute newcomer who seems too perfect to be true, Sebastian, the mysterious vampire with a turbulent past, and even Dawn herself. Dawn must not only succeed in revamping the troubled recruits, but must also prevent the vampire race from being overtaken by a malevolent villain who has a strange and obsessive fascination with her. As threat escalates, romance blooms, and ghosts from her past begin to surface, Dawn is sure of only one thing: her life will never be the same.



         How you ever read a book about clumsy vampires? I know it's hard to imagine, but you'll find them here. That's the part of the book that makes it really funny. But let me tell you more about the story. 

          Dawn is a daughter of the Vampire President. Yes, it's not mistake. In future people discovered about vampires and to maintain together they created certain rules. But that's not the main point of the story. So we have Dawn who grow up in a palace and she spent almost all her life in training so that one day she could go on the missions and help other vampires and people to live together. Her first mission will include peaceful little town called Angel Creek. Although it seemed like simple task, it turns out that things aren't so simple. On her mission she will meet vampires in that little town. That is where funny part starts. Trust me you've never seen vampires like them before. She needs to re-awake (not literally) them and show them how to be a vampire. Being new in town she will also draw attention of the boys. She will meet Ethan, he is cute human who will show some unusual characteristics and Sebastian, hot bad-ass vampire. Her mission will become more and more complicated when she discovers that some odd things happening around. 

          You may already assume some things. They are predictable. That's the part of the book that I don't like. Some descriptions could have been better. But still maybe main plot seems easy, but this book will also surprise you in some parts. Book is really short and funny. So if you have time you should check it out. 

Until the next time, 

*NOTE: Copy of this book is provided by author Ada Adams. Thank you.
I'm not paid for writing a review - I do it as a lover of written word All opinions in this review are personal. 

Broj komentara: 7:

  1. I enjoyed this book :) I can't wait to see how the sequel turns out and I really love this cover!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I can't remember if I have this on my TBR list, but it sounds familiar. And it doesn't sound all that bad. I enjoy a funny book...and I am really intrigued as to how that would play out with vampires! Plus I love the bluish-purple on the cover...so pretty! Great review, Tanja! :)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I also cannot wait for the next book. The authors says it's double in size xD This one was short :)

    Maida this book was around few months ago. The author had tours and stuff. I hope you'll get a chance to read it. Thank you.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I feel like there's going to be surprises with the human. Especially when you are talking about him having unusual characteristics. I feel like he might have powers and turn into a vampire later on. Or maybe not. The author could want to go the tragic route.
    So I'm guessing she's just like a teacher?
    The potential crazy guy piques my interests. Obsession usually means crazy and I like crazy people in my books. I know. I'm weird :P
    She’s Got Books on Her Mind

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Mhmm...some things I didn't want to reveal ;) But you can figure it out. I'd say something like agent, not teacher. They are like bosses that organize defense, but in this case the group isn't so strong. Oh we're all weird don't worry! :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I've hear such great things about this one! It sounds really funny and I love books where vamps are out to humans and they have to work together. A vamp president sounds especially unique!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I hope you'll get a chance to read it soon. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...