21. lis 2012.

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter


Buy the book at 

Author's 

Book summary:


She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.



Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.


      This pretty much sums my reaction on this book.

        I wasn't big fan of books based on something popular or re-telling, but Fateful changed my views. It looks like Alice in Zombieland put them back where they used to be. Sad but true.

       When I saw this book and heard all great things about it I expected a lot. Really it seemed so appealing that I couldn't help myself. According to the blurb you expect amazing Alice as you know it just scarier. Those were my expectations, but the question is what have I got? Basically I got same old Alice just Wonderland is not shiny and colorful, but dark and scary. Here I have problem with that scary part. Putting few dead-body parts in a book and turning characters into zombies won't make a book scary. What makes it scary are feelings, which in this case were hiding or something. I couldn't find them, they're probably good at hidding.

        There is no need to tell you about Alice. You know the story. One days she disappears and after falling through nothingness she finds herself in one room with plenty of doors, but only one key. After eating and drinking she manages to find perfect form for entering the Wonderland aka Zombieland. She meets all those fancy characters and you know the rest. I've read Alice long time ago and at a time it was very dear book to me. It was imaginative and took me to another world. This book didn't do that. I wasn't impressed by zombies and rat and everything. I couldn't feel it.

         It's obvious that I'm very disappointed by this book. Maybe I expected more but really I'm sad that Alice is used in this way. For me Wonderland is much interesting world than Zombieland. I hope it's just me and that you'll enjoy more than me. I really do. Well good part of all this is that there will be a sequel and I'm very curious about it. So 2 stars, just because it had some funny parts.

       
Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 8:

  1. I was very disappointed in this book too. Just wasn't . . . what I was expecting especially in the Wonderland department. Anyway great and honest review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I'm happy that I'm not the only one. Thank you! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. As you know, I'm reading this book in the moment, and I'm not loving it! Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Yeah I know you're reading it! It's really huge disappointment for me.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I was disappointed with this too! I was expecting a dark and gritty re-telling of Alice in Wonderland. :(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Same here. But I'm really curious about the next book in this series.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I've been hearing so much great stuff about this book, but I like reading reviews that say otherwise! It's disappointing when you expected something and it turns out to be something else! Nonetheless, great review Tanja! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Well. I hope you'll like it better than I do. Cause I really don't. Thanks.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...