22. srp 2012.

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry


Buy the book:
(July 31st, 2012.)

Author's:

Book summary:

"No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with “freaky” scars on her arms. Even Echo can’t remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smokinghot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo’s world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she’ll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again."

What I thought about it....

      I just knew that I will love this book as soon as I read blurb - and I was right. To be honest with you, I would have read it much sooner, but one of my girls was disappointed so I kept  my distance for a while.

     I haven't read this type of story in a long time - Fuentes brother meets Easy meets Beautiful Disaster. Realistic fiction swooning over sweet romance with capital R! And me melting over Noah. And falling for Echo. Now, I want to read it all over again! I probably will...

     I read too many depressing books lately - I spent last two days in zombie-like state parasitizing in my living room. Don't get me wrong, Pushing the Limits is exploring some pretty rough themes and everything isn't unicorns puking rainbows. Noah and Echo have serious problems, their families are mess and  they are trying to make everything work and make everyone happy.

   But what really made my heart race faster and why I am putting this book in my favorite section is the love story. That sweet talking, hot as hell bad boy! Girl with weird name, big green eyes and read hair! 400+ pages of perfection. Katie wrote this on her webpage:
    " I hope one day someone will read my book so much that the cover falls off."
 I'll be one of those people.

     Next year Katie McGarry is planning to publish Beth's story (she's one of the characters in Pushing the Limits). I can't wait!

Until next time,
***NOTE! Copy of the book is kindly provided by the publisher, Harlequin, via NetGalley. I'm not paid for writing review - I do this for free as lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

2 komentara:

  1. This one sounds really good! I've heard many great things about it & I'm glad that you enjoyed it as well. I think I'm really going to have to read this one! Thanks for the review. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...