27. svi 2012.

Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1) by Michelle Rowen





Buy the book: 

Author's:

Book summary:

"I don't do dangerous.

Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha—that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me…something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing—and I don't know if I can get it back.

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me."

What I thought about it...

     So... Let's start with easy part. I love this cover - it's probably one of the prettiest covers this year. Too bad that what was between the covers wasn't so good. Maybe the problem is in me because I've read few good reviews about Dark Kiss and I wanted for a while now to read a really good book involving angels.  (If you, guys, have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.)

     My biggest problem with Michelle Rowen's novel was that it didn't feel believable. I know what you are going to say - it is fantasy, it's not realistic - but, in my opinion, for fantasy novels it's even a bigger deal that while you are reading it, you have a feeling that it truly could happen the way author described it. That's why it's important to make sure that plot doesn't have loose ends or that what motivates characters is set out really clearly. Problem with Dark Kiss was plot - it sounds great and interesting, but there is too much repetition and you get lost in Samantha's thinking and going over and over the same stuff. You don't have write again what happened on the next ten pages - we read it, we know.

     No matter all the things I found lacking, I still enjoyed in this book - well, I did read it in one day. I like that it has dark atmosphere and that nothing isn't the way it seems. I'm intrigued by Bishop and his past and that's why I'll read next book - Wicked Kiss.

     Just to make sure you get the whole picture about Dark Kiss, here's few reviews I think that should help you:

Until next time,


***NOTE! Copy of the book is kindly provided by the publisher, Harlequin Teen. I'm not paid for writing review - I do this for free as lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

3 komentara:

  1. I'd also appreciate some not-crappy book involving angels! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed this book, even though you found the plot lacking. I can see what you're saying there - especially with Samantha's thoughts. I'll definitely be waiting for Wicked Kiss with you though!

    As for a good angel book, I haven't read it myself yet but everyone that I've talked to says that Unearthly is good! Hope that helps. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. That was my first angel book - I loved it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...