16. velj 2012.

Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine






   Lately, my top choice when it comes to the books are those with stories about music and people who love  music. But this one wasn't of that kind. I wanted to read something else, but title caught my attention - I remembered that one of my Goodreads friends had read this book and she liked it. I opened it just to read first few sentences (something I do when I'm not sure what to read next), and before I knew it, my Kindle shown me that I was on 80% of the book.

   Sophie and Carter are high school seniors, next door neighbours and friends. This last part is something their school colleagues do not know. Why? Because they like it that way. Because, when they are back at home, they are not the persons that everyone thinks they are. Sophie's taking care of her three younger sibilings and Carter is living with mentally ill mother and memories of abusive father. Now that high school is coming to the end, two of them will have to make some serious choices.

   The story is told from two points of view - Carter's and Sophie's.  Even the writing changes in every chapter - as if Chelsea Fine is trying to make them more believable trough the way they "talk". It reminded me a little bit on Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (there's no incest here, but it's all about atmosphere and writing style) and Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie (the storyline - two kids out of system taking care of themselves).

   If you're interested in books that will make think about them days after you finish with reading, Sophie & Carter is really good book to pick up.

  Until next reading,

4 komentara:

  1. Moram priznati da me je sram, toliko dugo smo frendovi na Goodreads a ja nisam cak ni znala da ti readovno vodis blog. Shame on me!
    Evo sad cu doci ti u goste ponekad ;)

    PS. Sto se tice knjige, da li je preopruka? :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Aaaa, Tanychy moj!:D Obavezno pročitaj!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. From the first chapter, I was hooked. I read this book in one sitting-frustrated with any interruption. The story line hovers around places we don't always want to go, but then, in such a redemptive way, steers us through layers of life and lands us smack-dab in the middle of real love

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...