17. velj 2012.

Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly


   You know how sometimes you start to obsess over new girl you've just met - you like her hair or clothes, playlist on iPod, way she thinks, how is seems that you two are on the same page... Yeah, I'm talking about girl crush! I have, so far, the biggest girl crush ever. On Tara Kelly! She took my breath away - cheesy, I know, but I can't help it.

   I thought that Amplified was awesome, but Harmonic Feedback is even better. So, what it's about? For starters, Tara Kelly (again) writes from her personal experience. This is a story about girl named Drea and her struggle to fit in definition of being normal. She was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome and no one had ever let her to forget about that. When she's forced to move in with her grandmother due to the money problems, it looked like her life had gone from bad to worse. Or maybe not? There's this weird girl with purple hair Naomi who likes Drea's honesty and music, and new guy Justin who, for some reason, follows them around. Yeah, and he plays piano. And Drea can't stop thinking about kissing him. And her grandmother is pain in the ass. (Pardon my French!)

   Before you start to read this book, you have to know that it's completely different from Amplified. Topic is - how could I say to make it sound right... Harder? Deeper? More serious? It doesn't really matter because if you love the way this woman writes, you'll enjoy reading Harmonic Feedback. I was laughing and crying and this morning I woke up with massive headache because I only had four hours of sleep. I couldn't put the book down - I even reread some pages. 

   For the end, I want to share with you one of my favourite quotes. I think it sums up whole point of this book.
   
  Normal is an ideal. But it’s not reality. Reality is brutal, it’s beautiful, it’s every shade between black and white, and it’s magical. Yes, magical. Because every now and then, it turns nothing into something.
  

   Until next reading, 
  

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...